Wednesday, March 11, 2009

News I could do without.

Last Thursday, I entered the Carillon room to catch up with John Cameron and to let him know where I was at. We hadn't talked much about the sketches and the new issue, so I thought I would ask. He got a stiff look and shifted his mouth to one side as he began to say: "Yeah... about that."
Right off the bat, I could see where he was going with that sentence. It had turned out that the new program might not be in place by the end of the semester, and that they wouldn't need the drawings until next year. I was choked, as I had put hours of hard work and effort already in my sketches, and this was my big assignment for my Arts Aesthetic class.
John did come up with the idea of squeezing them in for the last issue before the end of the semester, but Austin (another writer for the Carillon), seemed hesitant.
Before class, I talked to my friend, Elora, she`s my `critical` friend for this project. I told her my situation, and she told me to talk to my prof, Denise. Elora had Denise the previous year, and told me not to worry. That Mrs. Morstad was very understanding and will let me make up for it somehow. So I entered the class, still worried of having to throw the idea out the window, and come up with a new project for my class. I talked to Denise and told her my situation, and thankfully Elora was right. Denise said to continue working on my project, and that the changes in the paper, were out of my control. All I had to do is to save a copy of the issue and hand it in, whenever it were to come out.
Hopefully we CAN have the sketches in on the last issue, not only for my class, but I would like to get an evaluation from my peers. Let`s hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment